Monday, March 1, 2010

Pressure Cookin' love

Check out the star of the show today....

  
My beloved pressure cooker I bought three years ago on Amazon.  The best $100 I have ever spent.  Last night I was not feeling well but took some chicken leg quarters out the day prior with intentions to barbecue.   That wasn't happening when 4:30 rolled around and I just wanted dinner over with, ya know.  I made some barbecue sauce with a little extra water, deskinned the chicken, and pressure cooked it for 10 minutes.  Then stuck them under the broiler to caramelize the sauce for a few minutes.  So chicken leg quarters cooked in 15 minutes once they got up to pressure (add an additional five minutes).  They were done before my flavored rice was done and almost as long as it took me nuke some green beans.  Seriously, life can't get better than that if you are *forced* by your ravenous family to make dinner and all.


No comments:

Past ramblings....