Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Overgrown garden

I was gone for 3 weeks due to a family emergency. Here's what I came home to.
Everything got watered three times and my neighbor shot some water over the fence from his yard. I just don't think it was watered deeply enough, plus that is a lot of bulk to be top watering and that is what was done.

All four boxes














Note: There are four individual boxes there and I could only walk through Box 1 and 2! The lettuce bolted but I expected that because it is August. I lost snow peas, sugar snap peas, bush beans and my tomatoes are sprawled everywhere...i mean all over the ground. I tried picking up the maters but was too afraid to break them!

Box 1: Strawberries



Box 2: Lettuce, carrots, snow peas, cukes


Box 3: Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas


Box 4: Zucchini, cukes, tomatoes, snow
peas, bush beans, K's sunflower

I had to rip most of it out. I will update next week with pics since I am headed back out of town. That sucks about the garden but this year was a learning "Humboldt County gardening plus square foot gardening year" now I know what to do and maily know what NOT to do. LOL

No comments:

Past ramblings....