Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Time to Organize!










Christmas is over. I took the tree down last week. I am still picking up needles.





It is now that time of year to organize. We all do it every year, right? It takes me a good two months to reorganize the house. I love to organize. I am terrible at the whole "clean as you go" thing. I mean, my house is picked up most of the time. It is presentable but I wouldn't eat off of the floor or anything like the kids sometimes do. : ) It is a struggle for me to put things back where they came from. I am a stuffer and I have stuff. No matter how much stuff I get donate, recycle, or repurpose the stuff has babies overnight.





Well here is a clear example...






Yah, that's right. I showed a picture of the most shameful closet ever photographed before. I clean this closet every few months. Believe it or not. This is our craft closet. I say 'our' because I want everyone to have a clear understanding that I am not the only one that messes it up. I have a little helper. See below:




I will save that for another day.


Here is what I have been up to the past two days. My laundry/fabric closet...

A close up:
Now let's hope it stays that way. I am so excited that all of my fabric is down to one shelf and couple of small bins (well I do have another bin under my bed of Christmas fabric). I have done a lot of purging over the past year. The two bins below are all scraps under 1/2 yard. They are all rolled up neat like a little remnant and tied with a scrap piece of fabric. Looks purty doesn't it? Oh and looking at this picture makes me realize that it's time to make me a pretty little bag for my clothespins. I am beyond the Bob the Builder stage! Anyone know of a good way to hang a bag on the clothesline while you do laundry. Not that I can sun dry now or anything with all of the rain. Have a happy day!

No comments:

Past ramblings....