Friday, March 21, 2008

In love...


I discovered a new to me artist yesterday and I am in love. I knew I loved his voice on the radio but never put a name to it. Oh my, I am addicted to his voice. He sounds just plain yummy and the lyrics are really good too.

Jack Johnson


This past month has been a very 'off' month with sicknesses, neck pain, and dealing with emotions of my father's passing last month. Yesterday was the first day of spring and I am so happy. A new beginning. Although it is weird to move on with life and watch new things grow when everything in my life seems to have completely changed; it is comforting knowing that there is life and love in every new beginning.

On a different note; my gardening is going to be really pared down this year. :( I have come to realize that I simply can not act as if I am normal with the pain I am in. For the first time in my life I have realized how important it is to listen to my body. I have been dealing with neck pain for a long time due to my bad discs. The pain has really gotten severe over the past three years. I have been trying to find a solution other than prescription pain meds for these past three years. I was defeated last June when a nuerosurgeon in San Francisco told me that I had to many bad spots in my neck to do surgery. For the past several months I have been going through a pain clinic to help find some relief. Have done steroid shots and a facet joint block in four discs without any relief. The last resort is a facet rhizotomy scheduled in June. In the meantime, I am headed to my family doc because I am very concerned about the numbness spreading from one hand to now the next. The pain and fear of living in it is something that is very hard share and talk about. Seems way too self-indulgent for my personality.

Back to my gardening! Hubby will be redoing my garden for me, hopefully sooner than later. Although, it really isn't too late for our cool beach environment. If he doesn't get it done, I always have my pots everything can go into. He is the one that wants to redo the boxes. I want to give up because the gophers are stealing half of my crop and flowers. Have at it, babe. Yardwork isn't usually his thing. I would love to have a hobby that we share as a couple so wish me luck on sucking him into my trap. Now if only I could get him rested from all of the overtime he has been doing so he has the energy.

Oh my! Quite the chatterbox I am today. Coffee time is almost over and then it is time to get the kiddies off to school so I can try to clean up my neglected house. If you got this far in reading my whole post, thank you. Guess it was just time for me to get some things off of my chest.

3 comments:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Jen! Erase that comment above... Don't open it... It is spy ware.

That said, I am so sorry you are in so much pain. It can be so debilitating. I wish I was there to help you get your garden in. I would in a heartbeat.

Take care, and take it easy. You are right, listening to your body is the only real way to get feeling better.

Val

OneCraftyMama said...

Val,

I keep getting spam in my comments. Grrr.

You are too sweet. Thank you. Hubby bought the wood last night for my boxes. Last years were too big (6x6). This years will be 4x6 feet and 18inches high. We are attaching hardware cloth wire to the bottom. No more gophers. Yippee. Thanks for leaving comments!

Jen

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Hey, if you love Jack... check out what I just added to my blog. My new personal honey... Andy McKee... if you really want a thrill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

:) Same type of guitar music (classical guitar with twists here and there) but no voice. Oh man... he is so darned tallented. I just can't stop watching him.

Yay about your gardens! That is exciting! You got a good man. ;)

Val

Past ramblings....