Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cristmas Crafting

What I have been working on....

Christmas Lights Garland.
Simple as pie to do.

Here's how:

If you want to tear the fabric, use a woven. Mine used approximately 1/3 yard of each color. I like tearing because it is so much easier than using the rotary cutter and mat. Use as many colors as you like. I used four different prints and like the simplicity of it all. I have seen them really full but I just wanted simple.

1. Tear a strip 1 1/2 inches long down the length of the woven fabric. Your first tear will not be straight but needs to be done to straighten out the fabric. How many strips depends on how many lights you have. I just tore and figured it out along the way.

2. Cut your torn 1 1/2 strips into 11 inch pieces for the look I have or shorter for a fuller look.

3. Tie on. A single tie will do and my 5 year old had a blast. Mine has three strips tied on between each light.

4. Plug in and enjoy a simple and fast project on a rainy day.







What else I have been working on....

I love this blog Allsorts and then I came across her advent calendar pockets tutorial.
Jennie B Harris's look way more elegant than mine. I am terrible at embroidering. I wanted this done fast so I used the machine to sew the pockets together. They are filled with 2 chocolate gold coins for the kids.



A Terrible picture of our tree....


No comments:

Past ramblings....