Friday, May 7, 2010

Alochol Inks and Glass

I have been collecting some alcohol inks lately and wanted to move beyond playing with paper.  I had a candle holder from the dollar store that I purchased with intentions of using the inks right away.  There it sat on my counter holding my splenda for my blueberry oatmeal.  Mother's Day is approaching and my mom was coming up for a visit so what's a girl to do?  I remembered falling in love with some lanterns awhile ago so I went to Denise's Scrapbooking Room and grabbed her file.  She is so talented and has some amazing files.  Love this site.  I then cut it out of vinyl with my Cricut using SCAL.  Went crazy inking the glass with some alcohol inks.  Put the vinyl piece on.  Sprayed it with some sealer 3 times.  Lit a candle and smiled at the butterfly on the wall.  Sadly I didn't take a picture with the candle but take my word for it, it is fantabulous!!

So then I have been wanting to make a post it note holder forever so this is what I came up with.  I love my Zutter Bind-it-All .


Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!  And because I am a Mom I have to share a couple of photos I took of Ali my 5 month old.  Love this girl.  She's a riot.

1 comment:

Raven said...

Jennifer, I love your candleholder! That is the best looking dollar store dress up ever. And your baby girl is so sweet looking. Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Past ramblings....